ICRT Purpose and Philosophy
- To establish and maintain standards for teaching Reiki.
- To train practitioners and teachers.
- To create instruction manuals for use in Reiki classes.
- To encourage the establishment of Reiki support groups where people can give and receive Reiki treatments.
- To support people in the development and use of their Reiki skills.
- To encourage students to become successful Reiki teachers if they are guided to do so.
- To research new information about Reiki and to develop new techniques to improve its use.
- To openly acknowledge the value provided by all Reiki practitioners and teachers regardless of their lineage or affiliation.
- To promote the friendly cooperation between all Reiki practitioners and teachers toward the goal of healing ourselves and planet earth through the use of Reiki.
- Honesty and clarity in one’s thinking.
- The willingness to recognize prejudice in oneself and replace it with truth and love. Compassion for those who have decided not to do this.
- Speaking the truth without judgment or blame.
- Respect for the right of others to form their own values and beliefs.
- Placing greater value on learning from experience and inner guidance than on the teachings of an authority.
- Basing the value of a theory or technique on the verifiable results it helps one achieve.
- Being open to results rather than attached to them.
- Taking personal responsibility for one’s situation in life.
- Assuming that one has the resources or the ability to develop them in order to solve any problem encountered.
- Using negative, and positive experiences to heal, and grow.
- Trusting completely in the Higher Power regardless of the name one chooses to call it.
- The complete expression of Love as the highest goal.